Sunday, November 18, 2007

The City Stars Fire

Today's afternoon ,there has been a fire in Cairo popular and famous shopping Mall City Stars in Heliopolis at Misr Gadida area , and today I met one of my friends a manager in of the shops there and she described me what happened

Suddenly the alarm bells and smoke began to rise from the fifth floor , the floor of Cinemas ,Cafes and restaurants , the whole building was evacuated immediately in few minutes , the fire fighters came still the smokes scene was not comfortable

According to me my friend the fire was started in Costa Cafe  ,despite what the fire fighters chief said in the TV that it started in an under construction cafe or a restaurant ,I do not know who is correct really !!

The problem in the place is that the fifth floor , the next to Costa Cafe are the Cinemas , the fire could have because of the pop corns

The Fire fighters chief said there was no victims but some commenters in Filbalad are saying otherwise

Thank God it happened in Sunday not in Thursday or Friday

By the way City Stars Mall is  a mall for the A and B Class ,mostly A ,as we got here all the foreign brands you can imagine , the fancy brands where a simple dress has a price label of 2000 E.P !!

It is popular among youth there because of the cinemas,cafes and restaurants

I go there from time to time, of course my primary destination there is Virgin Megastore to see the latest titles of English and American books they got

Updates :

1- According to the National TV One was dead and 23 were suffering from the fire , I feel so sorry for their families ,May Allah bless the soul of the one who is dead , also I wish a speedy recovery to the 23

2-It turned out the fire started in an under construction store in the sixth floor ,not in the fifth floor ,also please check the comments because we got an eye witness

11 comments:

  1. "Suddenly the alarm bells and smoke began to rise from the fifth floor , the floor of Cinemas ,Cafes and restaurants , the whole building was evacuated immediately in few minutes"

    I was in the cinema at the time and an employee came in to tell us to leave. Only then did we see the thick black smoke and 100s of people running around like headless chickens. We managed to get out within 15 mins and the fire must have started at least 5 mins before then. We took a door labelled as a fire exit only to find ourselves in a lower level of the mall. Where I'm from, that means it's not a fire exit! At no point were any announcements made or official directions given. Half of those in the lower levels were still sipping their cappucinos, completely unaware of the fire. It made me realise just how little thought and effort is put into fire and safety regulations here. Especially considering this should be one of the safest and modern buildings in cairo, or so we're led to believe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. First of all It is good to know that you are safe thank God , surely this is one hell of experience
    second to be honest what I mentioned was according to my friend , already she was not in the fifth floor ,also she works there so may be they had their own exist
    anyhow I am not surprised you are in Egypt and as the Egyptian proverb says "The sweet thing is not completed"

    ReplyDelete
  3. First at all, I want to felicitates you. you are on of the Arabic rare people know how to build a blog.

    In fact as I learned from the American and Russian internet users the fastest way to know about the domestic news are BLOGS.

    I went to the city stars today as usual to watch a movie - I'm not Egyptian so I didn't know any other place :(-

    Suddenly the security said its closed !!!!! why? I asked.

    no body answer me but I Heared its a fight.

    when I reached the home I tried to fetch about the true story. your blog is the only thing talked about it.

    Really I remembered how to use the blogs.

    Thanks for the news and good luck with your blog. (And more clicks on Google Ads.. :P)

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Prnd808,first thanks on the sweet words, by the way there are even better blogs than me in Egypt and in the Arab world but in Arabic
    about the fire I am glad that you are fine
    it is a bad thing that an A Class mall like that with a significant number of foreigners go to it on a daily basis does not have an announcement in English !!
    By the way there is an excellent Cinema I go to it called : The Nile City Cinema , it is just like City Stars
    it is in the NIle towers building beside Arkadia and WTC ,it is inside a fancy A Class Mall just like city stars but it is smaller in size

    ReplyDelete
  5. welcome, my words was telling the truth.

    About the nile cinema I know it but its toooooooo far.

    Hint: Dear, your blog is wonderful and you are on the right way. widgets, RSS feeds and ADs. professional work, but take care you are using too many widgets, they causes some load in your blog. Also I suggest to add some ads between posts - every 5 posts will be good -. I know we are talking about pennies but if you have more readers it will be good :P.

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Prnd808 , too sad that the Nile Cinema is far , you know I love it because it is not crowded
    thanks for the advice but are you sure about your browser coz I tried my blog in almost every browser and it is fine ,I tested in IE 6,7, FF , Safari and Opera
    about the ads well I do want the people to get bored , but thanks of the advice I will try it ,it is not bad pennies by days become piasters and piasters become pounds :P

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear, I always use Mozilla Firefox,
    My connection is 4MG (using merge device).

    In fact I don't know what is the problem, but if you test it many times, may be it's my problem.

    By the way yesterday I was in the Nile City :).

    Good luck

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Prnd808, so what do you think about the Nile City ?? :)
    tell which widget exactly that is causing the problem ??

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dear, about Nile City Cinema It is nice, but a new problem appeared now no movies remaining -last week I watched 10 movies-.

    ** Advise: Don't miss Mr.Brooks (city stars theaters)It is fantastic. **

    now which widget cause the problem, In fact I don't know exactly but sure not one of those which for getting latest posts.
    After checking your Arabic version, it works good so try to compare widgets between them to find out.
    (my opinion widgets depending on Images).

    look I have more than 15 blogs (But I didn't write anything on them every thing run automatically using a robot :D how is the Idea ??) so I'm working to build a specific theme, containing Important widgets and ads if you want after I finish it you can use it... Don't be afraid you can remove the copyrights :)

    Best Regards

    ReplyDelete
  10. By the way I wish to visit my new forum www.egforex.net

    ReplyDelete
  11. @Prnd808, my Arab blog is one wordpress.com hosting , they got their own widgets ,they are so limited , where as here in blogger it is open to install any widget I want
    I visited a forum for the Forux , tell me is it successful in Egypt like the in the Arab world ??

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for your comment
Please keep it civilized here, racist and hateful comments are not accepted
The Comments in this blog with exclusion of the blog's owner does not represent the views of the blog's owner.