Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Pain for Israel and Joy for Lebanon

This is what is mentioned on the banners hanged all over Lebanon today at least in the South and in the Capital.

Surely it is joyful day for the Lebanese and sorrowful day for the 81950501 Israelis. The Lebanese restored all their POWs dead or alive along with other Arab POWs in one of the biggest POWs Swaps I think between the Arabs and the Israelis , about 199 remains of the Arab POWs were swapped beside the POWs still alive above them Samir Kuntar the man of the hour.

Wh81951845ere as the Israelis technically got nothing except two dead bodies of the two POWs and some vague information about Aron Arad that did not give any clue about his unknown fate , no one knows if he is alive or dead. Seriously this swap operation is another victory to Hezbollah.

And Ironically it fulfilled Hassan Nasrallah’s promise in late July 2006  when he promised to release all the Lebanese POWs including Kuntar in exchange for those two POWs in an indirect negotiations.

The Israeli press is speaking about the role of a German intelligence officer in the deal , in fact that man was behind all the swap deals in the past with Hezbollah.He is a friend to the party I think more than some Arab intelligence officers.

Today the big reception for Kuntar and the other 4 released POWs is huge , Lebanon will not sleep , in fact I could not see it anymore and I wonder how the reporters and the Free POWs feel. I am waiting for the images to post it here along with video.

Kuntar was received as a hero not as a notorious murderer or attacker as described in almost all western media , he wore Lebanese military uniform , I can’t know if it was of the Lebanese 0952378d-bc68-433f-8b21-5a4d385e525d_top army or of Hezbollah’s. I watched his arrival and despite his strong face features I feel in that his eyes that he was moved , he kissed and welcomed all those whom he mostly did not personally in the Nakuara waiting for him.

I wanted to see his reaction in Beirut and it was not different in fact I feel that he was happy to be back. I was waiting to see his meeting with his old mother “71 years” , I saw some glimpses as the camera of Al Jazeera was faraway somehow but it seemed it was kind of emotional that I can’t describe , this woman does not her son as a notorious murderer ,she sees him as her son whom she was separated from for 30 years. My grand ma cried when she had seen that old lady in TV .

He addressed the Lebanese and the Palestinian today, Hassan Nasrallah himself from few minutes ago for the first time since some time now

Samir will be received in his the Lebanon Mount,his home town as a hero tomorrow I think.

6 comments:

  1. Samir Kuntar is the conscience of the Arab people!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Samir Kuntar smashed a four year old girl's head. Any normal country would have sentenced him to life upon his arrival but Lebanon thinks this is heroic. Who a country chooses to revere as its national hero says a lot about their society.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If I only read the word Hero, my stomach returns everything I ate today straight onto the table. Hero - what is a Hero - could you please define that? Isn't a hero suppose to do good or is the new definition that heroes are the once who bring pain? And don't start about how other countries call their murders heroes - comparison doesn't make wrong things right! This guy is pardoned and to show his moral integrity he should have said something like: "I'm sorry for all the pain I caused but I did what I thought was right back then, which I now know was wrong and only caused more bloodshed among my own people." It would have been a joyful day if he at least could have called to both sides to stop the violence and start living with each other. But noooo - Mr. Hero thinks what he did was right and killing or causing the death of children is necessary for reasons that are purely based not on a freedom but power struggle. Stop thinking black and white!

    ReplyDelete
  4. With my all respect Samir Kuntar denied the murder of this little girl and said that she died in the cross fire between the IDF and his group , is there any chance that he is saying the truth with the long and bloody history of the IDF in twisting facts ??

    ReplyDelete
  5. Treating Kuntar as a hero, Palestinians relinquished every right to criticise Israel for their treatment of Palestinians. This was a rare moment for them to set themselves on a moral high in opposition to the Israeli and gain enormously in the eyes of the world - and they blew it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. @qwerty ,I think it is unfair to say that the Palestinians relinquished every right to criticize Israel for their treatment ,currently you do not know well the history of the Palestinian suffering and you want to excuse it using Samir Kuntar ,I do not know what to say seriously
    what Israel did to the Arab people is too much to be compared with the mistakes of the Palestinians

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for your comment
Please keep it civilized here, racist and hateful comments are not accepted
The Comments in this blog with exclusion of the blog's owner does not represent the views of the blog's owner.